Friday, August 19, 2011

A Setback

Very shortly after I finished posting yesterday, I received a call from the surgeons office.  I had been denied by the insurance company for surgery.  Except, they didn’t submit for the surgery I wanted (Lap-Band), they instead submitted for the Gastric Sleeve.

I can’t even describe how angry I was/am.  It’s subsided slightly, but yesterday I was fantasizing about how I could torture this doctor.  Rip off his fingernails and cut off his toes and make him eat them.  Call me sick, called me fucked up.. I don’t care- I was PISSED.

How dare he try and make a decision about my treatment without my consent!?  How is that even ethical?! It’s NOT.

So whatever… I was told that they would try and submit it again for the surgery that I actually wanted.  I guess we will just wait and see what happens.  I should follow my own advice that I give to people all the time and ‘Give it up to God’.

I’m trying my best to do that.. But I can’t help but have doubts about this surgeon’s capabilities.  How can I trust him to perform this surgery on me when he’s making decisions about my treatment without my consent?!  I do not trust him anymore and that’s unfortunate because I have no choice but to go to him for the surgery.  It’s too late in the year to find another surgeon.

See, the thing about insurance is that they have deductible’s and maximum out of pocket amounts… all of which I’ve been meeting and adding to the count for this year.  If I wait any longer, it will soon be next year and then all those amounts will reset for the year and I’ll be back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Me Anything!