Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Six Month Bandiversary To Me!

Down a total of 65 pounds in 6 months.  I’m a freakin’ rock star!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted because I’ve been busy working out almost every day like a mad woman!

Say Whaaaaat?!

I know! I know!  Not like me at all!  6 days a week and working on adding a 7th day.  My membership to the YMCA has helped IMMENSELY.  I love having the support and variety of classes and close convenient access to it all.  All of that has really contributed to making me WANT to work out. 

Who am I and what have I done with the old me!?! 

I don’t really care because I kinda don’t want her back.  I’m really digging the new me…
I feel the best I have in a long time, not just because of the weight loss, although I’m sure that helps significantly!  My energy is up, my mood is up, my confidence is up, I think I’m funnier, too! LOL

As successful as I have been so far, I’m not perfect. 

I still don’t take my multivitamins like I’m supposed to every day..  and because of this I’ve been sick 3 times in the past 6 months.  Way above average!!  I’m working on this.. I need to find a tiny pill I can swallow because chewables are just not working for me…
Surgery also doesn’t fix the emotional eating problem I have.  Therapy helps, and all the positive changes I’m making in my life help, but when I’m stressed or upset, I still want nothing more then to bite into a giant sugary, fatty, high caloric-y, cakey, buttery, really sugary goodness of SOMETHING.  BUT, I am very happy to report that even tho I give into my cravings sometimes still, because of my surgery, I cannot  eat nearly as much as I would normally binge on before surgery.  So, for example, what may pre-surgery have been 6 cupcakes, has post surgery, turned into just one cupcake.  So that’s a good thing!  

I also have been obsessively weighing myself every day.  Not good!  Everyone says it’s not good and I have always replied with, “I need to weigh myself every day to keep myself accountable”

BULL.  SHIT.

It drove me crazy last month.  I was so focused on that number that I thought I hadn’t lost a single pound.  I was so upset about it and when I saw the surgeon last week, I had actually lost 13 pounds in that month!  I haven’t weighed myself since.  Partially because I’m in Fort Myers visiting family and don’t have a scale here…. lol But still, I’m going to try and at least keep it to once a week.
Sooo…  I guess to sum it up- Things are going well   I have lost 35 pounds since my last before and after picture post so I will be taking another picture too!  And be on the lookout for my new cute bathing suit that I’ll wear in the photo because the bathing suit I was wearing in the first two photos is now wayyyyy too big

‘Till Next Time..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Me Anything!