Monday, November 7, 2011

3 Weeks Banded - No Job

Today I am officially 3 weeks banded!  HOORAY!!!  I’m so glad I did this for myself.. Things are going great!  Eating differently is becoming second nature.. I’m not hungry in between meals like I originally feared I would be.. I’m probably thinking about food just as much as I used to, but in a totally different way.  Instead of thinking ‘Whats the most decadent delicious over the top thing I can eat right now”, Now the focus is more “How can I make sure to get enough protein in” and just planning ahead for the next meal in a HEALTHY way

I’m not going to lie.  I have had cravings for chocolate and sweets..  but I know my stomach will only allow so many ounces of food a day and I dunno if Im willing to sacrifice a few of those ounces for something that will probably not be very filling…  Not yet at least..

So while things on the lap band front are going great… on Friday I got laid off at work :(  It’s okay tho.  I’m okay.  We are in the best position financially for this to have happened.  I have a really good feeling about this too.  Like there is another special job out there with my name on it..  For now I’m filing for unemployment. (Which let me tell you is going to be more work then actually having a job.  They now require you to take 3 different types of tests before you claim your weeks AND submit at least 5 contacts for each week that you’ve been in touch with about a job opportunity.. But I digress…)

I figure now that I don’t have a job, I have NO EXCUSE NOT TO EXERCISE!  Today I did some fast paced walking with several jogging bursts for 30 minutes.  So proud of myself!  I’m committing to myself to do this at least 5 days a week.  Let’s hope I can keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Me Anything!