Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Less Than Two Weeks Away

I saw my surgeon today for the last time before I see him again on surgery day.  He was very happy with my weight loss for these past couple of weeks.  Told me to keep on doing what I’m doing because I’ve already gotten passed the hard part.  I hope he’s right!

Not looking forward to the two days before surgery, tho.  Those two days I will be on a completely liquid diet.  No solid food at all.  Ugh.  Gotta keep my focus tho.. Keep my goals in mind.  It will pay off in the end.

I’ve been experiencing a lot of anxiety these past couple of days.  Am I doing the right thing? Will I be successful?  What happens if I don’t wake up from surgery?  All kinds of scary thoughts creeping into my mind.  Both rational and irrational.  I just keep giving myself pep talks.. So far it’s working

I’m sure my anxiety is only going to get worse tho.. I know myself.  I like to work myself up for things all the time.  I can’t help it.  Wish I could.

Sooo.. a week from this Thursday I go to the hospital for pre-admission testing.  Then Friday mom arrives from Jersey to take care of me.  We’ve decided to take a little road trip that weekend before my surgery.  We’re going to visit family over in Fort Myers.  I’m excited to see everyone again!  But- I will be on my all liquid diet this weekend so it’s going to be hard..

But I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Me Anything!