Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pretending To Like Fruit

So I’m in the middle of my third week on this high protein diet.  The headaches have subsided. (Thank God!) I’m getting into the swing of things.  It’s almost become habit already.  What is it? Do anything for 21 days and it becomes a habit?  Let’s hope so!

Had some temptations this weekend when hubby and I were at Dave & Busters.  Their potato skins looked soo yummy… But he was so great and supportive.  He was ok with leaving and not eating anything there.  That helped me greatly.  I felt weak and he was there to help me be strong.  I’m sure I’ll need that again in the future.

What do I not need?  I don’t need you telling me that I can have ‘just one bite’.  I don’t need you telling me that ‘one time won’t mess up my diet’.  I don’t need you eating dessert in front of me because you know that’s my weakness.

And yes, I experienced all three of those things in the past couple of weeks.

What is helping me the most?

I pretend to like fruit.  I mean I guess I don’t hate fruit.  But it’s definitely not my first.. second.. or third choice.  But every day, I eat fruit.. usually two or three times a day.  And I eat it with a smile.  And I pretend to look forward to it.  My daddy always says, “You gotta fake it till you make it”.  I guess that’s what I’m doing.

I do have to say.. this time is going awfully slow.  My days in general feel SOOO much slower then before this diet.  What do I make of that?  That I was focused on food all the time and it kept me busy?  Probably.

Now when I step outside I take a deep breath and inhale the greasy smelling wondrous food I used to eat.  It’s just the smells from the restaurants in the area.. but damn, they sure smell good right now.  Gross, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Me Anything!